Tips for a healthy Skin
This article was published on: 04/6/17 7:24 AM
Your skin is your body’s largest and most important organ. It provides a thin, yet very effective barrier to a lot of health threats. But if you don’t take care of your skin on a daily basis, it may become dry, rough and chapped, providing an opening for pathogens that could harm your health. Skin plays other roles in your overall health, as well. It helps keep you cool or warm, insulates you, stores energy and provides sensation through touch so you can interact with the outside world beyond what you see and hear. Good skin care and healthy lifestyle choices can help delay the natural aging process and prevent various skin problems. Here are some tips to keep your skin healthy and glowing:
- 1. Eat Antioxidants – Go for ingredients with antioxidants like vitamins C, E or a whole range of botanicals like green tea, grape seed or pomegranate extract, curcumin, etc.
- 2. Stay Sun Protected – Going out to a beach on a sunny day feels amazing. But, the skin damage it causes is really bad. UV rays damage the skin cells and make your face look dehydrated and dull. Use a good sunscreen which suits your skin. Also, avoid moving in sun as much as possible.
- 3. Exercise is Important – Exercise is the food for your skin. Not exercising is not good for health and skin. It makes you fat and lazy. Keep yourself fit by working out regularly. Go for a 30-45 min brisk walk. This will keep you fresh. Exercising is also important for a good blood flow in the body which makes you look fresh and glowing.
- 4. Correct your Eating Habit – Junk is everyone’s favorite but it does no good to your skin and body. Eating oily fatty food will never help you in keeping your skin healthy. Consume healthy hygienic food which is good for your body and skin.
- 5. Quit Smoking – Smoking just relieves you from the tension for temporary moment. It does not benefit your skin too. So quit this habit. Smoking damages your skin cells from inside and this makes you look older at a very young age.
- 6. Keep Yourself Hydrated – Intake of healthy beverages hydrates your skin. Drink fresh juices. A glass of fresh juice helps in increasing the immunity of your body, keeps you fresh and hydrates you from within. Drinking plenty of water is also extremely helpful. It flushes out toxins, helps in digestion and rejuvenates your skin.
- 7. Consult a Dermatologist – It is advisable to visit a dermatologist once in six months. Our skin is very often exposed to sun, dirt and other outside problems. These sometimes also cause allergies and skin infections. Consulting a skin specialist every six months would help in dealing with these skin issues.